Greeneville Humane Society employee deemed hero after discovering active fire
A Greeneville-Greene County Humane Society employee is being called a hero after she discovered an active fire and called 911 just in time. A social media post by the facility says the blaze happened Monday afternoon at around 2 when administrative assistant, Katrinka, smelled smoke inside the shelter.
Staff called 911 and firefighters responded within minutes. A smoldering electrical fire was found in the ceiling and extinguished. No cats or dogs were injured, and all heating units were inspected to ensure the animals can safely stay warm, going forward. After closing Tuesday to clean up the damage, the Greeneville Humane Society has reopened.
(Image: Greeneville FD)