Volunteer High students treated after eating potentially laced cookies
The Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office opened an investigation at Volunteer High School in Church Hill Thursday after two students became sick after eating potentially laced cookies.
The juveniles displayed similar symptoms and vitals and after another student’s backpack was searched, three wrapped cookies were found inside and one of the children said they had eaten a similar snack.
The report said the backpack also contained two vape pens and one cart containing THC. A review of the incidents continues.
(IMAGE: Bristol Broadcasting News)